Valentine’s Day I Top 15 Prints for Lovers
From Film Noir encounters to sauciness in Soho, here’s our round-up of the perfect prints for all kinds of love this Valentine’s Day
1. ‘Bottles, Pears and the Lovers’ by Trevor Price
The embodiment of a romantic rendezvous in one beautiful monochrome print (£300/edition of 75). Trevor Price specialises in drypoint and etching, splitting his time between London and the artist’s community of St Ives, Cornwall. He is a former vice president of the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers. Find ‘Bottles, Pears and the Lovers’ here.
2. ‘Moonlight and Magic’ by Anna Marrow
3. ‘Love Cloud’ by Alex Arnaoudov
4. ‘Heart’ by Peter Blake
5. ‘The Question’ by Frans Wesselman
6. ‘Soho’ by Barry Goodman
7. ‘Mr Lovepants’ by Storm Thorgersson
For the Lovepants in your life – a signed, limited edition screenprint by the late, and iconic, album cover designer Storm Thorgerson. This image was famously created for the 1998 album by Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Shop it here.
8. ‘Mr Collins Loves Ms Bennet’ by Jazmin Velasco
9. ‘Encounter’ by John Duffin
10. ‘James Jean’ by Maria Rivans
A splash of old-school Hollywood glamour with a modern spin. Collage queen Maria Rivans’s giclée and screenprint with diamond dust (£690/edition of 60) has James Dean and Jean Simmons sporting Rivans’s signature headdresses like exotic crowns, saturated with the technicolour tones of 1950s cinema. Shop it here (and for more on this print see here).
11. ‘The Listener III’ by Corinna Button
12. ‘Entangled’ by Sally McKay
Two dancers entwined in Sally McKay’s fluid and evocative sugar-lift etching (£250/edition of 50). Sally is a British printmaker and sculptor specialising in dance: she draws live during dance rehearsals, capturing fleeting moments of movement. Find her print here.
13. ‘Hero’ by Martin Langford
14. ‘Amanti’ by Sara Caputi
15. ‘Waterloo Sunset’ by Martin Grover
Inspired by the “beautifully wistful” Kinks track, Martin Grover’s screenprint (£330/edition of 23) aims to “capture and evoke the melancholy of two lovers cocooned in their own world amidst the throng of a preoccupied city”. Find it here.