Valentine’s Day I Top 15 Prints for Lovers
From moonlit walks to soul sonatas, we pick out the perfect prints for romance this February
1. ‘Stand By Me’ by Martin Grover
Classic love anthem, classic vinyl, classic Martin Grover. Screenprint, edition of 24, £350, shop here.
2. ‘Roses are Red’ by Vicky Oldfield
“…violets are blue.” Say ‘I love you’ with flowers that last forever. Collagraph, chine-collé & watercolour, edition of 20, £245, shop here.
3. ‘Last Night I Dreamed’ by Paul Cleden
Dreaming of nights whirling around the dance floor. That day will come again. Linocut, edition of 50, £200, shop here.
4. ‘River Thames, Moonlight Walk’ by John Duffin
London lovers lingers by the river in John Duffin’s Film Noir-like vision. Etching, edition of 90, £200, shop here.
5. ‘Serenade’ by Corinna Button
A passionate embrace, captured in collagraph. Carborundum collagraph, edition of 30, £320, shop here.
6. ‘East End Boy and West End Girl’ by Sonia Rollo
One for the dog-lovers – and the coupling from either side of the tracks! Sonia Rollo’s personality-packed etching will go down a (good boy) treat. Etching, edition of 160, £242, shop here.
7. ‘Bear Hug’ by Martin Ridgwell
Passion and pain over rainbows and roses in Martin Ridgwell’s compelling narrative scene. Etching, edition of 75, £90, shop here.
8. ‘Boatyard Cafe’ by Adrian Bartlett
Table for two? Memories of warm summer evenings beside the lapping shore. Woodcut, edition of 50, £425, shop here.
9. ‘Love Cloud’ by Alex Arnaoudov
Written in the clouds. Love is in the air. A beautiful vision by Alex Arnaoudov. Photographic print on archival paper, edition of 25, £175, shop here.
10. ‘Two People Reading’ by Ali Yanya
It’s the quiet times that count. Gentle companionship in Ali Yanya’s drypoint print. Etching, edition of 12, £180, shop here.
11. ‘Promise Me No Promises’ by Gail Brodholt
The romance of the Tube, captured in lovely lino. Linocut, edition of 75, shop here.
12. ‘Heart’ by Peter Blake
Big love, from the master. Screenprint, edition of 75, £2950, shop here.
13. ‘The Bigger Picture’ by Martin Langford
‘We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’ Love outside Tesco in Martin Langford’s wry yet captivating take on love. Etching, edition of 100, £220, shop here.
14. ‘Balcony Scene II’ by Frans Wesselman
Shakespearean levels of loving in Frans Wesselman’s woodcut scene. Woodcut, edition of 50, £320, shop here.
15. ‘Never Enough Time’ by Trevor Price
… but time is all we have, so grab it while you can. Drypoint and engraved relief print, edition of 75, £175, shop here.