Valentine’s Day | Top 10 Prints for Lovers
From starstruck galactic passion to love outside Tesco, we have a print for every kind of romance
1. ‘Antares & Love IV’ by Joe Webb
What bigger and better declaration of eternal love than a print devoted to the vastness of space, the universe and our place in it? This limited edition silkscreen (£795/edition of 125) from collage star Joe Webb is titled after Antares, one of the largest known stars. Find it here.
2. ‘Promise Me No Promises’ by Gail Brodholt
3. ‘Serenade’ by Corinna Button
4. ‘Tunnel of Love’ by John Duffin
5. ‘Roses Are Red’ by Vicky Oldfield
6. ‘The Floating World I’ by Jazmin Velasco
Inspired by ‘ukiyo’ (‘floating’ or ‘fleeting world’), which was the pleasure-seeking urban lifestyle of Edo-period Japan (1600-1867), this linocut (£120; edition of 100) by Mexican-born printmaker Jazmin Velasco borrows its graphic lines from traditional Japanese woodblocks. Historically, ‘ukiyo-e’ prints would depict scenes featuring geisha, kabuki actors, sumo wrestlers, samurai and prostitutes. See more here.
7. ‘I Could Have Danced All Night’ by Paul Cleden
8. ‘The Lovers and the Flying Fish’ by Trevor Price
9. ‘The Bigger Picture’ by Martin Langford
10. ‘Stand By Me’ by Martin Grover
And one for luck… ‘Love Around the World’ by Jess Wilson
Words: Alexa Baracaia